A pop-up blocker is any program that prevents pop-ups from appearing at any time. It can also include a handful of browser windows or exact pop-ups caused by code on a webpage. Pop-up blockers frequently make used to prevent pop-up advertisements from appearing on websites. However, if they rely on a pop-up blocker, they will also block helpful statistics. These should include alternative monitors, such as print and download alternatives monitors, or how to disable pop up blocker that may verify downloads or display a result to a website.
Disable pop-up blocker: Browser:
Google Chrome stops pop-up windows from appearing on your screen and cluttering it. The Chrome pop-up blocker symbol appears in the address bar whenever the browser bans pop-up windows from a website. To examine prohibited pop-ups or how to disable pop up blocker for the site, click the symbol.
To see pop-ups from a specific website, do the following:
- If pop-ups have been disabled, the symbol will appear in the address bar.
- To display a list of banned pop-up windows, click the sign.
- Click the link you wish to see in the pop-up.
- Select Always display pop-ups from the website to show pop-ups from the website.
- The website gets added to the list of exceptions, which you may edit in the Content Settings dialogue box.
To allow pop-up windows:
- Select Settings by clicking on the settings icon on the browser toolbar.
- On the left, choose Advanced, then Privacy & Security.
- Click Site options under Privacy and security.
- Scroll down to Pop-ups and Redirects.
- Set the slider to the Allowed position.
To access pop-up blocker settings in Firefox:
- Select the settings icon in the top right bar (Chrome settings symbol), then Options.
- On the left, click Privacy & Security.
- Scroll down to the Permissions section and uncheck the Block pop-up windows checkbox.
To access the pop-up blocker settings in Internet Explorer:
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click the Internet Explorer settings gear symbol.
- Choose your internet options.
- Select the Privacy option, then turn off the pop-up blocker.
- To quit Internet Explorer Options, click Apply and then OK.
Safari to access the pop-up blocker settings:
- Just click on the Safari menu in the top left corner of your screen when your browser is active.
- From the drop-down box, choose Settings.
- At the top of the utility, click the Websites tab.
- Select Pop-ups from the left-hand menu. Select Allow at the bottom, right next to When browsing other websites.
- When you get finished, dismiss Safari Preferences by clicking the red button in the top-left corner.
To Allow Pop-Ups in Chrome (Android):
These are generic instructions; procedures may differ, or this functionality may be unavailable depending on the version of Chrome installed on your device.
- Launch Chrome.
- In the browser toolbar, click the Chrome settings icon.
- Choose your options.
- Pick the Advanced or Site Settings.
- Remove the check from the Block pop-up windows box or slide the Block pop-up windows button to the Off position.
To access the pop-up blocker settings, Safari (iOS):
- Select Settings.
- Select Safari.
- To enable or disable the pop-up blocker, click the switch next to Block pop-up windows in the General section.
- A green switch shows the presence of a pop-up blocker.