While going out with friends, you might want to split a bill, or you just want to pay the bill, then a cash app account is the best option. It will allow you to pay a bill so quickly as you can split any amount equally among friends or pay each other. But there can be several reasons for which you want to close or delete your account.
Here you will learn about how to delete cash app account or close it. So, let’s start!!
What do you mean by Cash App?
Cash App is a peer-to-peer application for money transferring. You can send or receive the money through this application via Cash App. The application will allow its user to request the money from any person who is on your contact list while using the application. The application ties an active bank account and allows you to issue a visa debit card. It will also allow you to use funds from the Cash App account and withdraw cash from any ATM.
If you want to create an account on Cash App, then that is entirely free. However, when you do it only once, you will be given a username of your choice, which will be known as $cashtag. If you want to send or receive cash, you need to use that username.
How to delete the cash app account?
If you are thinking of deleting your cash account, you must ensure that you have transferred all your funds to your bank account. To transfer your funds back to your bank account, you have to follow some steps, which are as follows-
- At first, you need to log in to the Cash App account; there, you will find the general home page where you will get the option to send or request money from people.
- At the bottom, there will be an option of a home icon; you need to press it and reach the cash app home page. There you will find an option of “cash-out .” Again, you need to press that button.
- Once you do that, all your funds will be transferred to your linked bank account.
The user needs to transfer all their funds; otherwise, you will not get access to those funds because you will delete the app.
So, now, if you want to delete the cash app account, then you need to check out the steps which are mentioned below-
- You need to withdraw the cash app balance when you transfer all the funds back to your linked bank account. From there, you can delete the cash app account.
- To do that, you need to go on the same screen where you have selected the “cash-out” option. Next, you must select the “profile” icon, which is available at the top right.
- There will be several options available on the screen; you need to select the “support” link. When you tap on that, several items will help you daily. Then, at the bottom of your screen, you will find the option labeled as “something else.”
- When you tap on that, you can see a list of additional account options; in that list, you will see the “account setting “option. When you open that, you will see the option of “close account” and then choose “close my cash app account .”When you tap on that, you can easily delete the account.
When you follow these steps, you will come to a different page where everything will be explained to you exactly like it means. You can close the account from there. There you need to read everything and make sure you understand everything. Once you have, you can just press “confirm the closing account,” which will be available at the bottom. When you do that, you can delete the account then no one will be sent money. If anyone chooses to send you the money, they will receive an error and will not be able to send it.
How to delete the cash app account for someone who has died?
If you want to delete the cash app account for someone who has died, you must follow the same process. But only if you know their password; otherwise, it is impossible. If you do not know the password, then you can contact the customer care of Cash App and explain to them every situation.
You need to have a bank account and mention that person’s details so you can prove them.